Friday, March 25, 2011

March 21, 2011

No new photos, so this is an old one - Elder Hulme, President Holzapfel, Elder Guinn

I got a new companion.  Elder Bytendorp, from Sandy.  He's got less than 6 months in his mission, so he's the most experienced companion I've ever had.  I think that this is going to be a fantastic couple of weeks.  I was shocked however, that I stayed with Elder Freeman only for 6 weeks.  He got transferred to the south, Koewarisan.  He was really sad I think, and the Kasmani's said that they don't like it when the missionaries leave, and that we're no longer allowed to go over to their house.  I hope they don't mean it, but they were really sad.  I'll send more info on Elder Bytendorp when I know him better, he does snowboard though, so that's good. 
 
Thursday is 1 year for me.  Also the day before Elder Bytendorp's birthday.  As for the halfway mark, things have started to begin clicking in my mind the last few days.  It's like there was fog there, and it's not there anymore.  I'm not sure what it is that's changing, but something is.  I like being in charge of the area, even though I'm Jr companion now,  I'll be planning everything because he's never worked here.  I was receiving all kinds of inspiration in church on Sunday, even though the talks and stuff were the same as all the other weeks.  Numbers this week were about the same, but we taught lots of lessons.  

I spent all morning cleaning someone else's apartment today.  The health lady from the mission is coming on Wednesday, and this apartment needed help, so they sent me there with Elder Baker and we cleaned for a few hours and then went to Roopram for some roti.  It's absolutely incredible how filthy missionaries are.  I think due to how easy it is to say things like "well I only lived there 3 weeks."  Phrases like that are a recently found enemy of mine.  Again, I threw away years and years worth of collected garbage, cleaned things that had never been cleaned before, and used another big chunk of another p-day.  After roti, we moved Elder Bytendorp in (Elder Freeman moved out last night) and now I'm here emailing. The real bummer is that I needed to purchase a new wheel today, but we still haven't done laundry or shopping and the wheel place is simply too far for how short my time is.  Also I have two letters, one for Hoven and one for Jayson that I needed to send, but not enough time. 
 
I love you all.  The work here is going forward, I'm happy and loving the land and the people. 
-Elder Hulme