Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In Wanica with New Missionary

I finally got grandma's package, and it was wonderful.  Everything was still fresh and uninfested by ants.  (VaLene speaking - we shipped that package the ordinary way clear back in the middle of April!  It took 3.5 months to arrive!)


The Wanica apartment is nasty filthy, but I've found new shirts and socks there, so I don't have to buy any more new ones:) I will likely want to get the shirts tailored, but that's way cheaper than new ones and more custom fit. We'll hopefully have a half hour or so to clean it, but I'm not sure because Elder Job's proved to be quite a bike killer.  He keeps up though, so that's way good.  He's from Holland, and has been helping me a ton in learning the language.  He was born, however, in Curacao, and both his parents come from there.  Its nuts when I realize that he's only been a missionary for  24 days. I assume he knows things that there is no way he would know.  He's cool, loves working hard, and is full of ideas and ways to improve, I love it.  I don't have a way to send photos, I need to purchase a card reader next week, because I don't have one.  


We got to Wanica, taught Elder Tullis' investigators twice (he's in Blauwgrond) and determined that they weren't progressing and had to be dropped.  All but one, the boyfriend of Vallerie Ritveld.  We taught him last night and realized he has absolutely no testimony of the Restoration.  No biggy, I know how that can come to someone.  The issue is that he's supposed to be baptized in 12 days.  Wow!  So I need to figure out how to get him studying hard and stuff.  I'm out of time, sorry.
-Elder Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment