Monday, December 19, 2011

Frog in My Pants

Yes we’ll talk at Christmas.  I’m thinking that I’ll just call you like it’s worked before, that’s the least stressful way to do it, everyone who tries to have calls coming in from the states has connection issues.  When is church for you all?  I’ll be available all evening or midday.  I’m more Christmas spirited than I ever have been in my entire life.  I think it’s because they don’t have the awful Christmas music here, all they have is the church hymns, and those I like.  We will be cleaning the house today, car will be being repaired all week, and we’ve had a chore trying to find bicycles to use while the car is gone(My tan should come back this week, the car is awful for that. My skin changes color so fast!! From light to dark or dark to light, it takes just a few days).  For Christmas we’ll be having a potluck at the Jansens house where everyone has been asked to bring something that their family makes every year.  We’ll watch a movie together.  Sister Jansen wants to watch Ben Hur, I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch a 4 hour long movie.  The other options are the Testaments and The Ten Commandments.  Or that new Joseph Smith movie, I liked that one. 

Zaterdag was gek.  We started the day with studies, and I learned a lot.  The district President’s wife is in the hospital and we wanted to visit her. When we got there the security guards said that we have to come at visiting hours, which is garbage- we are allowed to come whenever because we’re from the church.  Anyway, as we were driving away ZR Jetty called us and said to come back.  She works as a nurse at the hospital and was able to break us in.  She was out there screaming at the security guards telling them that they don’t know the rules and that they were wrong for trying to stop us.  It was great.

But then I discovered something in my pants that was poking me, turns out it was a chunk of frog that had been through the wash, gross.  Then we went to the Aroemans to prepare for our lesson with Bro and Sis Wekker (getting married today, baptized Saturday).  While at the Aroemans they insisted that we eat, which was good because otherwise we wouldn’t have any lunch.  I found a nice scary worm thing in my drink, so I threw it in the trench.  When we were ready to go, Elder Fernandes asked to wash his hands from the curry chicken.  They took us to the back of the house where there is running water and turned the water on.  Zr handed us some soap in a tiny little  bottle,  I was so intrigued by the size of the bottle.  Turns out it was special girl soap.  Turned out to be a great lesson on tithing. Brother and Sister Wekker are progressing really well, and we should be able to help the daughter to repent and be baptized as well.  I love it.  

I love you all lots.
-Elder Hulme