Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Plumbing, Companion Gets Lost, Zone Conference

 Draining the baptismal font
 Elder Hulme and Elder Job

Elder Job on a boat to Guyana

January 16, 2012
We got to go to Albina this week, on Thursday.  Since there are so many elders that need to go, there will be two trips done, one this week as well.  Only Elder Job and I went this week though and it was enjoyable.  We made it there and back before 3pm.  I think it's a world record.  It's only 140Kilometers there and the same back, but that road makes it impossible to do it quickly.  In place of a little over an hour, it's nearly 3.


I was going to give a training last July on  faith.  I had it all planned out, but then when zone conference came, we had to take it out of the schedule due to time shortage.  The cool part is that Sister Gamiette gave the exact same training as I was going to give.  She gave it just last week. 


I fixed the rest of the drains this morning, and cleaned the rest of the house.  Elder Freeman cleaned the dief Ijzer(window anti theft bars), and the sink.  I was so proud of him.  I took apart the visable part of the shower drain and pulled out tons of hair with some pliers and then put it all back together.  I don't know how to do the part that's behind cement.  Sister Jansen approved the cleanness of our apartment.  Something I've never heard of before.  


Last Friday was the day before Elder Freeman's birthday.  I know he loves beef, so I wanted to get him some Sate's, or shishkabobs things with just beef on it.  I wanted to surprise him though so I pedaled up ahead and stopped to order the food.  I payed and got the food and looked around and Elder Freeman wasn't there.  I went back to the last place I saw him, and he wasn't there anymore.  I prayed and got the impression to just head home.  Turns out, he didn't see me stop, and had ridden all the way home, we met up shortly thereafter, and enjoyed french fries and meat.  I didn't really like the sate's, but he loved them.  Yesterday evening I was trying to take a picture of the store Tulip.  It's the nicest store in Suriname for groceries.  As I played with my camera, Elder Freeman was trying to turn on his light (the kind that run against the tire for power) and he didn't see me turn onto the street where we're supposed to turn.  He also didn't understand where we were supposed to go.  So I looked back after making the turn, and didn't see him.  I rode again back to where I had last seen him, and searched, and searched, all over.  I looked for nearly a half hour for him, then prayed and got the impression to call him.  So I asked the first Hindu man I saw to borrow his cellphone, and I called Elder Freeman, and we met at Tulip.  Amidst all of this, Elder Freeman found a man that could become a new investigator. 
Things are still good.  Thanks for the love. You are good folk.
-Elder Hulme



January 23, 2012
Hello all,
We had zone conference Saturday, it was great.  I talked with
President Gamiette and he said he's going to give the ecclesiastical
thing, and I emailed him today and reminded him.  He speaks English. I
learned that it's not really possible to go back to Bama.
I've been much more careful about losing my companion, so I've been
calling him as he rides by, to stop him. 


Zone Conference.
We studied Ether 2 and 3 about how the brother of Jared planned
everything out really well, did a lot, climbed a mountain shaped some
stones and asked the lord to touch each of them to make them light.
The Lord did exactly as what was asked.  The conclusion being that we
need to visualize our lessons and days and weeks and plan out our
part, and the Lord's part and ask for his help and just be on top of
everything.  We then practiced our teaching skills and ate some Saoto
soup.  Then Elder Dyson (the new assistant) came out and worked with us
that evening.  We taught the Babel family.  Then we traded some ties
with Elder Dyson, and went to church.


I got a belt from Guyana, Elder Badoni brought it for me.  It says my
name on it.  And has a whole bunch of Harley Davidson logos on it.
Apparently when Elder Badoni thinks of me, he thinks of Harley also,
so he ordered it with that on it. I like it though, it's 100% leather, like thick nice
leather.

Family Babel came to church! 5 of them, also Alisha, and sister
D. We're going to be seeing some good things in this area I
think.  We've been still trying to reactivate a few members, and
that's coming along well.  Thanks for everything.
-Elder Hulme