Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Bike and Tasty Food

This is Xander's new address in Suriname:

Elder Alexander Hulme
PO Box 2932
Paramaribo, Suriname
South America

This week has been good.  I got a new bike and had some tasty food.  Here are my favorites:

Shoarma - French fries, chicken with BBQ sauce
Bami - Noodles
Nasi - Rice
Roti - Like a tortilla with curry, Hindu burrito
Bacabana - Fried plantains

There are lots of bacova that grow here, which are regular bananas, and also banaan, which are plantains.  I've been eating out lots, and with members, and at various different events.  I'm not exercising nearly as much, so I'm losing muscle mass, but putting on fat.  Still the same weight.  We have to drink filtered water, but the other food is basically all safe as far as I can tell.  Except Elder Bell's Bruine Bonen that went rotten and made him way sick.

Elder Guinn's bike broke, so Xander gave him a lift
If we have a good week, we can all get together for p-day.  We will all be together for Christmas, and apparently on Christmas we will watch a movie.  Now it's between Space Jam, Toy Story 3, and Despicable Me.  I'm going for Toy Story 3.

We are in the citiest part of the mission - we've got downtown in our area.  Dus, Ik kan niet zoveel gekke dingen zien als sommige van de andere zendelingen mogen zien.
I love it when Xander writes something in Dutch.  We get an interesting translation
I haven't dreamed in Dutch yet, but we do always pray in Dutch.  I'll be using my Christmas money on bike parts, so it'll be a great Christmas.