Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years

This photo nearly brought a tear to my (the mom's) eye.  That little boy is so cute, and he's wearing a shirt that Xander would have loved at that age, and I love how he's hanging onto these elders.  The 2011 glasses are so funny to me.

Xander mentioned a while back that he had some new pants made for him.  We're guessing that this is the guy who made them.

Some of the house in which they live.  They have the whole house for 4 elders.

An overgrown cemetery that Xander and Elder Bell found.

Xander's new bike.




Downtown Paramaribo?


New Years here is nuts.  It was completely unreal.  The entire sky was covered in huge fireworks, like the ones at "Stadium's on Fire", but they were all launched privately (not so many fireworks laws here).  The air was a bit foggy, and it looked and sounded like we were in a war zone.  The entire country is now covered in fireworks shrapnel.  


Grocery shopping here is so fun.  It's like a scavenger hunt every week.  Nobody has everything, but everybody has something.  I'm getting more savvy at shopping here though.  It's hard, but coming along.  Zone conference will be this Saturday.  I'll get to talk to President Gamiette again, which will be nice.  We're so stranded out here. We rarely hear from anyone, and very very rarely, once a quarter, have anyone travel to here.  I hope for a big inspirational boost.  I want to learn about goal setting and reaching.


I'm happy when I'm working.  I love you all.  My time here is being well spent.