Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas Arrived 4 Weeks Late

Thank you, thank you, Thank you!!!!
I got your package this week.  This was the best Christmas ever!  
There was a box of chocolates
The tools I needed
and a Wonderful scrapbook
I am sure you smiled when I said a scrapbook would be a good birthday present.

Here's what's up with the work this week. 
We had to drop Franklin, he's a member referral who was very promising, had a baptismal date and everything, then when he asked his mom what he should do, she said that since he was born muslim, he should remain muslim.  There is a lot more to the story but that's enough for now.  

I still struggle knowing how to get people to church, which is tough because it's so necessary for someone's conversion.  This week we had no investigators and only one less-active member.  Usually we at least have 4 less active members, but this week was a bust.  
Our other two investigators are still on hold too.  Iben lives in the jungle apparently, and keeps going into the Binnenland(jungle) because his sister is sick.  He's still never been to church.  Stephen asked us to wait a few weeks before we start teaching him. I think of Alma 34:34 when people say that.  

We did a cool competition on Thursday, it was me and Elder Bell, vs Elder Norton and Elder Freeman.  We decided to see who could get more contacts in one day, the finals were
us: 39
them: 25
It didn't seem very fair because how bad we beat them, but they can purchase us lunch now.  

I gave a talk on one of my favorite scripture passages.  It's Nephi's vision consisting of 1 Nephi11-15, but I only read from the part later when Nephi is talking about it in 2 Nephi 31.  Verses 5-13 are way good.  I can't really imagine having the voice of the Father and also the voice of the Son speaking to you.  When it was over, Zuma said that he thought I wasn't prepared. I tried to explain that I was plenty prepared, but just stumbled over my words a bit.  If nothing else it was fun for me, maybe someone understood something I said.  

You should fatify a picture of me (This is in reference to a FatBooth photo I sent him of me). I want to see how I'll look at the end of my mission.

This is actually bird poop.  The birds eat various seeds and the poop is enough to grow these big huge plants.

Me and Elder Bell

This is Elder Norton, my District Leader

I love it here in Suriname.