Monday, February 7, 2011

Transfers



Big news on transfers. Here's the lowdown:
I'm going to take Elder Norton's place in Blauwgrond as Elder Freeman's companion.
Elder Guinn is taking my area with Elder Badoni.  Elder Guinn will be our district leader.
Elder Bell is going to Uitkijk(jungle).
Elder Norton will be the new Zone Leader, with Elder Thompson.
So I'm going to be moving about the time everyone leaves to school.  I'm pretty excited to have my own house again. The bummerest part, is that we finally have some people progressing now.  It will be nice to have something new and fresh. I do however get to remain in the same branch.  Different work area, same branch.  Now I know which members to work with from the one area, and I'll learn who to work with from this area too, it should be a good asset.  


Rain.  Usually rainstorms come in little bursts.  If it looks like you can dodge it, sometimes we'll just find some shelter and wait a few minutes for the rain to pass.  If it looks like a wet day, you just make sure all your stuff is in plastic bags and get wet.  When it rains it feels really cold.  The temperature is really about 75 degrees (in the rain), but in contrast it's freezing.  I don't know what I'll do coming home, it's going to feel so cold without this humid blanket.  

That's sweet about reading out of the BoM every night, it's something that I commit people to do every single day!  I've been studying tons out of the scriptures, and have learned to absolutely love it.  Despite the problem I had this week where all of my studies seemed really dry.  I read 3 Nephi 17, it's when Jesus was chilling out with the Nephites and he starts praying for them, and it was so incredible that nobody can describe it.  I hope to learn to pray like that some day, where people can't even describe the prayer.  



Here's to your questions...
Yes, we've been working with a woman named Rachel and her brother and children, they came to church this week.
I'm way healthy, I've been working out hard in the mornings, and getting stronger.  I still have lots of fat on me, but it should fade.  I couldn't afford any snacks this week, so that will probably help. 
Chocolate is fine in the mail.  Here's something to keep in mind though.  The ants here are nuts. They are super tiny, and don't collect food at all, they are rogues.  So they get into everything.  So any chocolate stuff you send, make sure it's covered in plastic.  Bij Voorbelt, the Christmas chocolates had tons of ant corpses all over them.  I ate them gladly disregarding the ants.  
I haven't learned anything new about Suriname.... I saw a nasty dog yesterday, but couldn't get a picture of it.  
Usually we go out to eat together on p-day, I like that a lot.  We've gone to Roopram, and McDonalds and BK and Jawa (my personal favorite), and different warungs.  Last week we went to the zoo, it was hilarious watching Elder Freeman look at the monkeys.  He was so thrilled by them!  Love you all.
-ElderHulme