Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 5, 2011

Elder Job (from the Netherlands) and Elder Hulme


In the Suriname style Dutch, the word Gerechte is used as the english "dish" and Kwak is one of these dishes.  It's made from Kassava and ginger and quite good.  That's a really good translation though, I laughed at least.  I didn't get any shoes because they were all so awful.  I'm going to look into finding a cobbler.  In another few minutes, the Jansens will pick us up and take us to their house to eat, and we as a whole zone will be watching the newest Joseph Smith movie with lots of extra footage and stuff.  I'm happy to go and will enjoy being able to relax a bit.  I hope to find some more time to study though.  I've realized that I don't know nearly enough about repentance and forgiveness and things. 


Upon further investigation, Ricardo had been reading, just when Jerome wasn't home, so he didn't know about it.  That cleared him for baptism, and Brother Ricardo Babel is the newest member of the Wanica Branch.  It was great seeing him prepare and make the covenant.  It also really built up Dudie, the referrer of Ricardo. Dudie is the girlfriend of Ricardo's older brother.  She explained that while Lucian was giving his talk on the Holy Ghost she really was struck by it.  She really wants to get married so she'll not longer be living in sin.  I hope they take care of that quickly.  I think if you've been dating for 5 years and you're still not married, that is just bad planning and a bad idea. 


Zone conference was Saturday.  It was nice, we had President Gamiette present, and also President Vinas a member of the first quorum of the 70, meaning he is a general authority. All members of the 1st and 2nd quorums of the 70 are general authorities. I didn't know that until this weekend.  We talked about the atonement.  Many of the thoughts shared were verses that I felt I had been lead to in the month previous.  It was a cool experience seeing that God really has been leading and guiding me all along the way.  We got our transfer calls - Elder Job and I are staying in Wanica!  I'm so pleased with that.  Elder Tullis and Elder Fernandez will be working in Koewarisan, another area in our district.  I'm glad to be able to go on exchanges with them and have a good time with them.  

This whole week seemed abnormally hard, and stressful, and failure ridden.  I think, however, that Elder Job and I learned a lot due to the stress.  We organized a young men's activity, since there is no young men's president or anything.  It was a success all in all, but we didn't have as many people there as what would have been ideal.  We're doing a "learn to make a kite" activity on Thursday.  Elder Job did that one pretty much all by himself - I was very proud of him for it.  
I'm out of time, enjoy life.

Elder Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment