Saturday, October 9, 2010

Determined

These past few weeks have been tough.  Missionary work is more enjoyable when you spend lots of time teaching.  I have had such a challenge teaching lately.  Everyone has been ditching out on our appointments.  We've spent 1/3 as much time teaching as usual, and it's so boring!  The best days are when you have lesson after lesson after lesson.  These days seem to be just failure after failure all day long.  Luckily, though, it's not getting me down - just determined.

Autumn began on the 23rd.  Summer ended exactly 2 days after, and the days have been so nice.  I honestly thought that the heat here was always miserable, but after that one rain storm, it's been nice.  It's truly incredible.

Conference was awesome.  I hope you were able to enjoy it half as much as I did.

Elder Guinn and I went tracting yesterday, and I think this whole block has been stewed in anti-mormon stuff.  They told us multiple times that what we believe is evil and also that Joseph Smith was an evil awful man who was a murderer and stuff.  I was amazed.  First, because Joseph Smith was an incredible man and did great things for mankind and for the Church.  I was also amazed that Baptists were telling us, as missionaries, that we live in sin.  Interesting claim.


I like Elder Guinn.  He has a solid understanding of when it's time to be serious, be serious.  But when it's time to have fun, then have fun.  He's a hard worker, understands and lives the doctrine, and makes me laugh sometimes, too.  He was home schooled for a long time, up until high school.  It seems like homeschooling gets a lot more learning done than public school.  We also like the same foods, both being former picky eaters.  I guess I'm still picky, I just don't tell anyone.

Life is good.  I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment