Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Got the oil changed, cleaned the fridge, mopped the floor, made fish tacos again (perch isn't a favorite of mine), did some grocery shopping, and drank a milkshake from a fast food place called Jacks.  It's been a good preparation day.

Elder Guinn and I are the Bessemer stake zone leaders, which means we are in charge of going out to the district leaders in our zone to train and help them in any way we can.  We are also conducting 3 hours of training in our Zone Conference on Nov. 5th.  I'm pretty excited about it.  President Holtzapfel dropped a big ol' bomb - he asked Elder Guinn and I to share some things we've learned about and from obedience in front of the whole mission.  It's worse than speaking in Sacrament Meeting.

Other cool news - we are going to have two new missionaries here in our apartment starting in November.  I'll be remaining at this address for a long while - unless they send me to Suriname.

Elder Guinn and I were working in this neighborhood trying to contact people we met a week ago.  This little boy came up and asked in a very sweet voice, "Are you guys coming to our house?"  He was only about 6, so we told him to go ask his parents if we could come over.  He came out a minute later and said, "I told my Grandpa you were white guys, and he says he doesn't have time."  To this, I had a great big chuckle.

The Lower Lights CD is now my most treasured possession.  The girl singing in "Ye Elders of Israel" sounds like an angel.  I want to take voice lessons some day to learn how to sing well.

Mom, you asked if we go tracting often.  We do tract, but usually we just wander around and help people rake leaves, or carry in groceries and stuff.  They then ask us to leave them alone.  Some will allow us to teach.  We probably knock on doors 3 hours per week in our spare time.

I like Alabama, but I'm not sure it would be a good permanent residence for me.  Maybe...  Stuff is going well.




No comments:

Post a Comment