Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sushi, Baptism

Elder Guinn's family sent a box .  It had a bamboo roller, sticky rice, and seaweed.  So, we bought some "krab" and frozen fish (there is NO fresh fish in Ensley), and made some California rolls.  The rice that Elder Guinn made was tasty.  The sushi turned out good.

Saturday, Br. Jones was baptized.  The service went great.  Frankie did the dunking, and tried 3 times.  Luckily, Br. Briggins suggested kneeling the 2nd time, and it worked.  Sister Davis spoke on the Holy Ghost and did an exceptional job.  Br. Jones asked me to confirm him.  Giving blessings is really cool.  It must be a grand calling being a Patriarch.  The whole time, though, Br. Jones' phone was ringing.  There was an emergency at his house, so he had to take off right after the service.  Everyone who came to the baptism didn't even get to talk to the baptisee.  Turns out that his cousin and 2 friends who had been staying with him got into a fight (they should have come to the baptism!)  Big fights over little things are frequent in this area.

Next Monday we're going to the McWane Science Center.  I think it is an OMSI equivalent.  I learned that the Museum of Art I wanted to visit is closed on Mondays (my p-day).  I'm a bit bummed about it.  P-day is too short.  I'm headed back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment